Saturday, November 19, 2011

Blogging on the go!

This is new for me, but maybe now I can keep my blog updated. Took the big kids shopping tonight. I am just spent, but ha fun at the retreat this morning. I am grateful for my DH and his loving support.

The house is a pit and I need to wash the floors, but it isn't going to happen tonight.

Been praying about my treadmill. I have been wanting one for a while. I didn't tell anyone because my family has so many other needs. This last week at Bible study, though, a random lady came in saying she wanted to get rid of one. I would have never known about it except that I had gone to the nursery to nurse Doug (which I usually don't do). I am not sure if this treadmill is supposed to be mine or if it was just God's way of telling me He hears my prayers. She wants to sell it for $100-150, so of course the skeptic in me is worried that it's a piece of garbage. I am praying that God will provide a path forward for it.

Ugh. I should be headed to bed, but Sims 2 is calling my name. I started playing a few weeks ago. I tend to throw myself into the computer when I'm trying to insulate myself from hurt. My friend Leslie is going to be moving soon. I am heartsick about that. I have gotten close to both her and her family over the past couple of years. She is funny and lovely and I don't want to have to say goodbye. I also don't want to grieve the loss right now. It's inconvenient and cloying like a shirt that shrunk in the dryer. I keep pulling at the fabric, trying to stretch it, trying not to feel the discomfort. I don't want to have to explain to my kids why we can't go to "Miss Weswie's" house anymore. I would just like to set this aside until it fits me better, but I can't say that even then I'll want to deal with it. I hate that this is a part of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment