Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Heavy Expectations

Ugh. Did pretty well today. Didn't go to bed too late last night, got a lot of housework done, took only a brief nap and didn't keep the TV on non-stop. However, I feel like crap. My head hurts and I feel large and bloated.

I'm trying to focus on that for which I am grateful. I have a lovely friend from college who helped provide gifts for my kids for Christmas. Then, I was pleasantly surprised to find a stoop full of gifts this morning. So now we have no money that needs to be spent for the kids' Christmas. I got an awesome haircut that makes me feel lighter and younger. I taught my kids a prayer to say at night when they're scared. These are the things on which I am choosing to focus. I will get nowhere if the obsession of my mind is my food decisions. The more I can change my focus to others, to my worth that's inherent in who I am, the easier it will be to make healthful food choices that honor my body, God's temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment