Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Milestones

Previously, on Mommyhood....

In our last episode, I was becoming impatient with my son, who was refusing to poop in the potty. I felt my fellow mothers were judging me and that my son would enter MIT still wearing diapers.

Today, we had major success!! After Jeremy had eaten breakfast, he told me he had to poop. He had already taken off his pajamas to pee, but he informed me that he needed some books to take with him. (Grandma has been working with him for a bit and was reading to him in the bathroom to convince him to sit on the potty.) I said, great. He wanted me to come with him, but I let him know I needed to finish my breakfast. Before I knew it, I heard him reading out loud to himself and then, "mommy, I did it! I made poopy in the potty!" I couldn't believe it, but it was true!!

I called Brian to relay the good news, but Jeremy was too embarrassed to talk to him about it. He also didn't want to share the news with his new preschool friend, Austin (or his mom). We went to the park after naps, though, to pass the time. The park we regularly visit has baseball fields there; today, there was softball practice. One of the girls was early and she was playing in the playground. Jeremy went right up to her and asked her what her name was. He followed her around the playground and then proudly informed her, while she was in the swings, that he went poopy in the potty. I am not even sure that she heard him, but I told Brian that it seemed like Jeremy was trying to convince this young lady of his maturity because of his new skill.

She left after a while to start practice; Jeremy ended up in the dugout at one point (with some of the other girls). I had to practically pull him out of there!! Then he proceeded to tell me that when he gets bigger, he's going to play baseball and people will stand up when he goes on the field. That was officially the first time he had ever talked about getting bigger or having any kind of dreams.

Quite a monumental day for my man! I am so proud of him because he is so friendly and outgoing with everyone! I am excited for him to start school and continue to develop his already amazing interpersonal skills. He's a great guy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment